You're Most Welcome

Welcome to The Masterpiece, we're simply canvases on which The Master does his art.

Wednesday, August 7

Their Crime?

Just this week, I read in horror about the gruesome murder of a final year student in Badagry, Lagos- very close to where I live. It's still fresh on our minds, the incident that occurred last year involving the ALUU four, just like the ALUU boys, the student who was brutally murdered with his friend had done nothing wrong. At least that was what I understood from the facts. What is wrong? What is our crime? Why are we students murdered at will, at the slightest provocation? I wrote this poem in a very emotional state, my heart bleeds for them still.



………………….

My Crime?

They hit me in hate

They stone me with envy

They stab me with rage

No iota of pity





I'm a youth, so a criminal

To mete out the jungle on

Condemned to die without trial

Don't even know what I've done





A crowd would gather

To watch my murder

My pleas for mercy go unheard

After all, I'm nobody's child





They say they're angry

with the government's attitude

To fight the lassitude

They vent on me their fury





They trample under feet,

The flower they should nurture

Maybe my crime simply is

I have a future





The Masterpiece

Please leave a reply.




Sent from my Windows Phone

3 comments:

  1. Read on NaijaStories
    www.naijastories.com/member/clemency

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened at ma area and ify(the guy that was murdered) was a good guy. We grew up together. So sad. I wonder y they should kill sumone wen u don't rily know if he's a thief and policemen were there. What a country we r in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss brother. May God continue to keep us all and give the family and friends of the victim the fortitude to bear the loss. We pray that GOD cleanses our country of all forms of evil.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A REPLY , it'll help us improve